why should you get your dryer vent cleaned regularly?
Heavy wool and fleece clothes help Canadians survive the country’s long and frosty winters. But many homeowners do not realize they also carry a hidden hazard. When clothes are tumbled in a dryer, they shed loads of highly flammable lint that clogs the dryer vent and becomes a serious fire hazard.
The leading cause of dryer fires is failure to clean them.
There are 2,900 clothes dyer fires in residential buildings annually in the United States, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. These preventable fires cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million on property loss. There are no comparable statistics available for Canada. Regular cleanings is essential as we tend to use our dryers more frequently in Canada.
HOW DO WE CLEAN YOUR DRYER VENT?
We can complete dryer vent cleaning with your furnace and duct cleaning as a regular maintenance service. We can clean all shapes and sizes of dryer vents, where they are vented out of the side of the home or located on the roof.
- The dryer will be pulled out from the wall. The entire length of the dryer vent is blown with compressed air using reverse air scrubbing at the outside exhaust hood.
- The backside of the dryer and lint trap are also blown clean, pushing the dryer lint towards the outside exhaust hood.
- As permitted due to difference construction practices, the vent leading out to the exhaust will be examined for damage. In cases where the vent is too deteriorated to clean or repair, our serviceman will recommend replacement, a simple retrofit that can be completed on our regular service
- Prevent fires caused by lint buildup in the vent.
- Increases the life of your dryer motor! Clogged dryer vents reduce airflow causing your dryer to overheat and run harder than it needs to.
- Dry clothes faster!Clean dryer vents increase air flow.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET YOUR HOT WATER TANK CLEANED?
Plain and simple, your hot water heater requires regular maintenance.
All too often homeowners consider their hot water heater only when it is broken down and there is no hot water. Regardless of the hot water needs you have in your home, manufacturers and energy providers across the board recommend annual inspection and servicing. Most homeowners don’t realize that your hot water heater is the second largest energy consumer in the home.
So what is the worst that can happen if you don’t maintain your hot water tank? While most appliances in your home just sit quiet and still when they fail, a hot water tank failure can find you standing in 40 gallons or more of hot water – literally! Worse yet, an improperly maintained tank could cause explosion, fire, or the release of deadly carbon monoxide gas into your home. The latter are certainly rare circumstances, but they underscore the importance of having a certified professional like Four Seasons inspect and service your hot water tank at your regular cleaning and servicing appointments.
HOW DO WE CLEAN YOUR HOT WATER TANK?
Improve efficiency and ensure safety
Hot water tank cleaning and inspection can be completed at your regular furnace and duct cleaning. Our cleaning crew will thoroughly clean and inspect the gas end assembly of your hot water tank and provide you with a detailed service report at the end of the appointment so you know how your water heater is operating and if any further servicing is required.
- Safer operation! Removing carbon build up from the gas assembly reduced the possibility of gas emissions being circulated back into your home.
- Lower fuel costs! Clean burners use fuel more efficiently.
- Increases the life of the tank! A clean and maintained appliance is the only one, which will last its full life expectancy.
Contact Us for a quote, to book an appointment, or to ask a question