Why should you get your dryer vent cleaned regularly?
Heavy woolen and fleece clothes may help Canadians survive the country’s long and frosty winters. But many homeowners don’t realize they also carry a hidden hazard: when tumbled in a dryer, they shed loads of highly flammable lint that clogs the dryer vent and becomes a serious fire hazard.
The leading cause of dryer fires is failure to clean them.
There are 2,900 clothes-dryer fires in residential buildings annually in the United States, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. These preventable fires cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million on property loss. There are no comparable statistics available for Canada. Regular cleaning is essential as we tend to use our dryers more frequently in Canada.
How do we clean the dryer vent?
We can complete dryer vent cleaning with your furnace and duct cleaning as a regular maintenance service. We can clean all shapes and sizes of dryer vents, whether they are venting simply out of the side of the home or are located on the roof.
- The dryer will be pulled out from the wall. The entire length of the dryer vent is blown with compressed air using reverse air scrubbing at the outside exhaust hood.
- The backside of the dryer and lint trap are also blown clean, pushing dryer lint towards the outside exhaust hood.
- As permitted due to different construction practices, the vent leading out to the exhaust will be examined for damage. In cases where the vent is too deteriorated to clean or repair, our servicemen will recommend replacement, a simple retrofit that can be completed on our regular service schedule.
When you clean your dryer vent you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Prevent fires caused by lint buildup in the vent
- Increases the life of your dryer motor! Clogged dryer vents reduce airflow causing your dryer to overheat and run harder than it needs to.
- Dry clothes faster! Clean dryer vents increase airflow.
Contact Us for a quote, to book an appointment, or to ask a question